TIME FOR THE FINALS!!!!!!
Come out and enjoy the beautiful Carolina weather and great local music. Matt Lee broadcasts 8-11pm from the rooftop of Carolina Ale House in the Vista for the finals: Tuesday, June 4th.
An autographed guitar from , upgraded concert seats,
plus an EP recroding session with Fontastic Recording Company plus $100.00 in Carolina Ale House gift certificates!!
2013 Acoustic Challenge schedule:
4/16: Gerry Delgado - WINNER, Scott Rife, Nick Sweat, We're Kind Of A Big Deal
4/23: Darmin Husic, Walking As Shadows, Nicki & Jewlz - WINNER, C4, Jess Strickland - WINNER
4/30: Rich Owensby, We're Kind Of A Big Deal, Phonic Cafe, Ozzy - WINNER
5/7: Dave Bare, Brad Bolton, Luke Ranley, Infinite - WINNER
5/14: Death Of Paris - WINNER, Daniel Seamans, Necrosis, Christy Whitlock
5/21: Cover Of Afternoon, David Mackey,Moe Clark, Scott Rife
5/28: Damian Norwood, John Jennings, Jack and the Ripper
6/4 FINALS: Gerry Delgado, Jess Strickland, Nicki & Jewlz, Ozzy, Infinite, Death of Paris, Cover of Afternoon, Jack and the Ripper
Registration - 2013 CLOSED
1. Open for everyone 21 years of age or older.
2. Any questions not covered in these rules will be referred to the Promotions Director of YMF Media SC. The decisions made by the Promotions Director and/or by the Judges during the different parts of the Contest will be final and without appeal.
3. You will have to register on www.warq.com
4. The registration form must be duly completed and the information provided must be truthful and accurate.
1. Each piece has a maximum of five (5) minutes, and up to three (3) selections per set. maximum time limit is 15 minutes. Candidates are free to choose to play any genre of music.
2. Repeats are allowed on condition that the maximum time limit is respected.
3. Candidates must ensure that the time they take to perform their piece does not exceed the time limit allowed. They must be stopped if their performance exceeds the limit.
4. Any other musical material will not be allowed at the performance (CD or back up music)
5. The finals will take place at Carolina Ale House Tuesday, June 4th 2013.
6. The order of performers will be on a first come first served basis based upon registration. The dates are firm and unchangeable. We will confirm the date by email.
7. Any performers who wins their round must make themselves available on the evening of June 4th 2013.
8. The order in which the final auditions will take place will be determined by means of a random draw.
9.The finalists and winners will be selected on the basis of crowd response and performance.
i. Amplification will be done through the use of a microphone or any portable amplifier supplied by the venue, Carolina Ale House
ii. Guitars must be tuned before going up on stage.
11. Candidates must be present at least 15 minutes prior to contest start.
12. Candidates must bring their own guitar(s) for their performance and remain solely responsible for their instruments.
13. Any candidate who fails to abide by the Contest rules may be disqualified.
14. Any registration form found to contain false or inaccurate information may result in the candidate’s disqualification.
15. The Organizer reserves the exclusive right to record, photograph or disseminate any and all stages in the competition in any manner whatsoever.
16. The fact of participating in the Acoustic Challenge implies the full and clear adherence to these rules, the waiver of all rights and recourse in respect of the procedures, their results and the awarding of prizes, and in respect of any physical or material damage sustained by the candidate during the performances.